Friday, March 15, 2013

Tuna Pasta Salad

Just typing that title makes me nauseous. This meal is a shining example about serving your children things that you may not like yourself. Personally, I can't stand tuna (unless it's raw), "salads" (you know, a mix of whatever thrown in some mayo), or peas. YUCK! Nevertheless, it's an excellent meal for little man.

Here's what you need:
Tuna
Pasta (we're using whole wheat rotini)
Peas
Mayonnaise
Canola Oil (or olive oil, etc.. optional)




Start by cooking your pasta. To save some time, add your peas to cook with the pasta when it's close to being done.


Once cooked, drain the water and add a teeny tiny bit of canola oil. This keeps the pasta from sticking to itself and adds a pinch of healthy fats.

Next, add your drained tuna and a small spoon of mayonnaise. You just need enough to lightly coat everything. Stir it all up. DONE!

To add some different texture, I broke up a couple crackers on top of everything. Easy peasy! I suppose this can be made as a family meal, but as mentioned, I can't stomach any part of this! Lucky for me though, baby boy ate it right up. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment